A Fried Turkey Recipe that will make your Thanksgiving Memorable! – The Juiciest, Crispiest Homemade Fried Turkey that you have ever tasted!
Now that Halloween is over, Thanksgiving just around the corner and at the end of the month! This Thanksgiving Fried Turkey Recipe will bring a unique and GREAT twist to your family dinner this holiday! This Thanksgiving Fried Turkey is most definitely AZLocalBusiness.com approved!
- 3 gallons of peanut oil for the frying (recommended if allergic, is Pure Canola Oil)
- 1 whole turkey (12 pounds, with neck and giblets and insides removed)
- 1/4 cup of Creole Seasoning
- 1 white onion
- In a stockpot or turkey fryer, heat the oil to 400 degrees F. Be sure not to use too much oil and to leave room for the turkey, or the oil will spill over.
- Rinse the turkey, and proceed to dry the turkey with paper towels. Rub Creole seasoning inside and outside of turkey.
- Place the whole white onion and turkey in a draining basket so the turkey is not yet soaking in the oil. Slowly lower the basket into the hot oil so it is completely covering the turkey. Keep the temperature of the oil at 350 degrees F, and fry the turkey for about 45 minutes.
- Safely remove the basket from the oil and proceed to drain the turkey. Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh. The internal temperature must be 180 degrees F. Finish draining turkey and finally, place the turkey on a platter and enjoy!